Thinking about 300cc silicone mod + implants. Which is best, over or under? (Photo)

See above

Implant position

+1
Most breast implants are placed under the muscle.There are advantages to placing them under the muscle ie;less incidence of capsular contracture , rippling , considered more natural . It is important that you discuss this with your plastic surgeon who can advise you on your best option.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Submuscular Breast Augmentation

+1
I would recommend the implant be placed under the muscle.  It is the most common position for a breast implant to be placed.  It will be a more natural result and you will have less likelihood of rippling.  

Joseph C. Berardi, MD

+1
My vote is under the muscle placement as the preferred option. But ONLY in person opinions should count..// 

Above or below

+1
Thank you for your picture. Based on the picture you have very been tissue in your upper breast. In this case I would recommend that the implant  be placed beneath the muscle. This will give you a smoother transition to the edges of the implant in the upper part of your breast.

Seek consultation was several board-certified plastic surgeons.

Earl Stephenson Junior MD DDS FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Over or under muscle?

+1
I recommend you have your implants placed in the sub muscular pocket. Your augmented breasts will appear more natural, have a reduced chance of visible rippling, have better long term support and a smaller incidence of capsular contracture.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Implants above or below the muscle

+1
Thank you for the question.  In my practice, most of my patients are submuscular, especially if they are thin.  I believe under the muscle provides with a more smooth appearance in the upper pole of the breast.  Also, long term, I think there is sometimes less ptosis (droopiness).

Hope this helps!

Joseph W. Aguiar, MD

Thinking about 300cc. Which is best over or under

+1
It would be helpful if we knew your height and weight. The actual volume of a breast implant depends on several things. It has to fit your overall body size, the dimensions of your chest, and supply the volume necessary to create the size and shape you desire. Assuming you are of average height around 5"6" tall you would be in the range of 325 to 375cc for an average breast augmentation, and keep in mind that is a guess based on a photo and physical exam would be necessary to be sure. Since you have mentioned 300cc it most likely means you are concerned someone will make you too big. If you communicate well with your surgeon that will not happen but I caution you about limiting the surgeon to only certain volumes since, in their judgement, you might have an aesthetic issue with a small implant. Keep in mind that implants once in place have a certain base width and if the base width of the implants are too small, the implants will look too far apart.  While 300cc might work in you, I would reserve judgement until you have visited with your surgeon and seen photos of girls your height and weight and with similar chest dimensions.Also keep in mind you do not have to have an incision on your breast anymore to have a breast augmentation since it can be done endoscopically under the arm . While there is an approach through the belly button as well, that approach can only place saline and it is not really endoscopic since the scope is only used to find the muscle and then the pocket is created by tearing the muscle off the chest wall with blunt technique. The true endoscopic technique uses a scope under the arm and allows full visualization of the muscle and thus a very precise surgery. So, keep in mind that as long as your silicone gel implant is under 400cc it can be placed endoscopically and there is no need to have scar on the breast. Both under the muscle and over the muscle can be done this way and usually under the muscle is best since it provides more coverage for the implant and has a lower rate of capsular contracture. I use over the muscle (subfascial) only in cases where the patient has loose droopy skin and it helps me give the breast some lift without a mastopexy incision. 
And last but not least, please do not bargain with your body. You get what you pay for in plastic surgery like in everything else. Follow the credentials not the crowd. Choose experience over inexpensive. Also safety is paramount. I would recommend having your anesthesia done by a doctor (anethesiologist, MD)  in a real hospital operating room which is as safe as you can get.

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
There are pros and cons to each.  It depends on your preferences and type of physical activities you do.  See a BC PS in your area to discuss your options.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Over or Under

+1
Given that you are very thin I would suggest going under the muscle to have more coverage of the implant especially at the top to have a more natural look

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast implants under the muscle or best for you

+1
Based on your photograph it appears that you can have a sub-muscular breast augmentation.  Next

There are many advantages including less chance of capsular contraction,  better coverage of the implant, and many plastic surgeons feel a more natural result.  Based on your photograph 300 cc should be a fine size for you.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS