Do Thin Women Look Weird with Implants?

I am rather thin: 5'5, 105 lbs. my left breast is a B and my right is an A cup. I have always been bothered by the unevenness of my breasts. I can make it look like I have nice boobs for my frame but only with an extremely padded bra. I am going for two consultations at the end of the month. When I talk to family and friends they keep saying that I will look weird with implants and they will look too fake. This is really something I want to do for myself but now I worry I will look too unnatural

Thin Women with Implants

+2

Thin women can appear natural with appropriately sized implants. Communicate your objectives clearly to the surgeons during the consultations, and the surgeon should be able to make recommendations suitable for you. Ensure that the surgeon you choose is an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon who is passionate about the surgery and understands about your needs/objectives.

Breast Implants - Do Thin Women Look Weird with Implants?

+2

In general, the larger the implant relative to your frame, the more it will look like an implant.   Assuming that your shoulders are narrow, selecting a relatively smaller implant will help keep it looking more "natural."  While it is easy for me to say, I would suggest that you discuss this with your plastic surgeon(s) and try to remain more focused on the way the implants will look on you than on cup size.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation for Thin Women?

+2

No, thin women do not necessarily look “weird” with breast implants. A well executed breast augmentation can achieve a very nice looking result for patients despite a “thin” body habitus.  Often, for patients with this type of  frame, silicone gel breast implants tend to work best and minimize issues such as rippling/palpability of the breast implants. Communication between patient and surgeon is critical as it is careful selection of the appropriate breast implant size/profile. In your case, different size/profile breast implants may be helpful to improve breast symmetry.

I would respectfully suggest that,  in order to minimize anxiety,  you avoid too much communication with “family and friends”.