Possible to Thin out the Skin Around the Nose Without Undergoing a Rhinoplasty?

I had a nose job already and I am not completely pleased with the result but I do not want to have to undergo another rhinoplasty, so I wonder if there is a non invasive way of thining out the skin around the nose? In case such a thing can not be done, what would an alternative?

Thinning Skin after a Rhinoplasty

+1

Many patients who have a surgical nose-job may be unhappy when they get thickened skin that they did not have before the procedure. Unfortunately, this cannot be corrected non-surgically, as it is excess collagen. 

Artefill (or a variety of it) is somewhat risky

+1

Using a long-lasting (or permanent) injectable filler such as Artefill (or a variety of it) is somewhat risky because of its permanent nature.  Overtime, our soft tissue and nasal contours change.  Having a rhinoplasty procedure over the permanent filler is certainly more complicated than having a rhinoplasty without the filler in place.  It doesn’t preclude you from having a rhinoplasty procedure.  However, any kind of surgery on top of that kind of treatment can disrupt the filler and cause a problem.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thinning nasal skin

+1

There is no way to thin out the skin in the nose without undergoing a rhinoplasty.  Even with a rhinoplasty it is very difficult to thin the nose skin.  Cortisone shots are an alternative and will give some dermal atrophy in the areas injected.  

Thick skin complicating rhinoplasty

+1

Thick skin complicating rhinoplasty is not uncommon.  A carefully placed steroid injection can thin the tissues of the nose and has limited ability to thin the dermal thickness of nasal skin.  However, there is risk of color changes, asymmetry, ulceration, uncontrolled atrophy, or tissue breakdown, if your response is excessive.  I suggest a conservative injection initially to gauge the tissue response, followed by a progressive series of injections to achieve the result you are seeking.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon