Thin Skin and Grooves - Can Restylane Help? (photo)

I am female, 23, and I have suffered from hereditary dark circles and thin skin around the eyes in general. I am tired of people asking me if I'm tired or sick, I am a vibrant, energetic, healthy person. I suffer from allergies but allergy medication has not diminished darkness around eyes (worse than in picture). Are there complications for restylane? Will a filler improve the situation? I have deep set eyes.

Thin Skin and Grooves - Can Restylane Help?

+1

You would benefit from injecting a small amount of Restylane to the tear troughs, this filler is a lot smoother that could be used under the eyes. Seek a reputable certified physician to get an honest evaluation and can provide the best, natural, and conservative result

Restylane or Juvederm in tear troughs

+1

Just a little amount of Restylane or Juvederm can solve your problem and give you an aesthetically pleasing result. Good luck. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Dark circles under the eyes

+1

It looks like you have hollowing in your lower eyelid tear trough area which is contributing to the dark circles. I would recommend Restylane injections to help blend the eyelid-cheek junction, and I feel this would be a better treatment for you than removing fat. If there is still some darkness after the filler injections, it should be a lot easier to cover with concealer than it is now. Make sure you find a doctor who is very experienced with this procedure. There can be a fair amount of bruising after injections in this area, so make sure you plan accordingly.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane to treat dark circles

+1

From the photo's provided, Restylane could help improve your tear trough area. It won't always correct the dark circles but will provide the volume when injected expertly and in the right amount.

Sam Naficy, MD

Treat dark circles under the eyes

+1

Can you treat dark circles under the eyes with Restylane?

Maybe. When one has bags under the eyes, one can have them surgically treated--by removing or moving the fat that causes the bags. Alternatively, one can inject a filler immediately under (inferior to) the bag tho reduce the appearance of the bag. For some who have both bags and dark circles, this improves the dark circles too.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Dark under eye circles

+1

Dark circles under the eyes that are due to allergies are difficult to treat. A hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or the newer Belotero can certainly help with the under eye hollows, but they will not address the color change. A good eye cream can help thicken you lower eyelid skin and a good concealer will help with the color. Controlling your allergies with the appropriate antihistamines is a must.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

You may or may be candidate, but make sure you are at an expert first as this is tricky!

+1

Dark circles are often addressed by creams such as Neocutis Lumiere, but generally they are caused by heredity and allergies.  In your case, I don't know that they will respond to filler and the technique necessary to provide a great improvement is very delicate and has to be administered by an EXPERT in fillers or it could go terribly wrong.  Good luck if you do it, but just do your homework first and make sure they assess you thoroughly as it is quite difficult to make this assessment in pictures.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Restylane for dark circles under the eyes

+1

What you are demonstrating are what dermatologists and allergists refer to as 'allergic shiners' so I would caution you about trying to approach this problem by using a filler.  Vascular congestion in allergic people occurs mostly at night-time so work with your allergist to reduce allergens in your bedroom, in your bed, assess head position while sleeping, consider antihistamines at bedtime and look into eye creams that are specifically design to treat puffiness and subtle bruising changes that occur with 'allergic shiners'   Good luck!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon