Can a "Thin" Person Have a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I recently lost a lot of weight, and with it, my butt. I still have a bit of a belly and was interested in the BBL. I went to one particular doctor, who didn't even have me take off my clothes and was told I don't have enough fat to transfer. I am seeking other opinions but don't want to waste my time running from doctor to doctor if I don't have enough fat for a successful transfer. Is there a guideline in terms of poundage one should have to be a candidate for the BBL?

Butt augmentation

+2

Dear MissLovejoy, For the same reaon that you do'nt want to run from one doctor to the other and waste your time by doing it , think it over regarding fat injection to the butt. In my experience from seeing lots of patients who had fat injection to their butt by other surgeon, the fat does not last more than 6 - 12 months. So , you are loosing time, money and most importantly disappintment from not achieving your goal. Your best option for butt augmentation is soft silicone butt implants. They do not disappear and you have the option to choose the implants size and butt shape. If you have excess fat, do the liposuction separately and do the butt implants either before or after the lipo. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has lots of experience with butt implants surgery and check the before and after pictures to make dure that you like the results. Best of luck, Dr Widder

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

BBL in thin patient

+1

Please consider re-posting with a picture of you and your wish pics.  It is hard to evaluate your fat stores without being able to see you.  There is no poundage guideline because your measurements don't tell me how much of your body weight is fat vs muscle.  It also depends on your expectations - how big you want your butt to be.  In general, I have performed successful fat transfers in thin women.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Buttock Lift Options

+1
Thank you very much for your question. The Brazilian Butt Lift is essentially liposuction of fat from undesireable areas of the abdomen, flanks, back and thighs and fat injection to areas of the buttock which would benefit from volume restoration.  This procedure is not just about augmenting the buttock but also about enhancing its appearance through selective body contouring.  Unfortunately not all patients are candidates.  While there is not a precise weight limit, some patient do not have enough fat for transfer.  As a general guideline a minimum of about 500 cc's of fat per side is generally required for a significant change.  This means that about 3L of liposuction is necessary to make a significant change.  If you do not have that amount, then only a subtle change will be possible.  In weight loss patients with loose skin there is another option.  A buttock lift with autologous augmentation is beneficial in restoring buttock contour after weight loss where there is not enough fat for injection.  Tissues that would otherwise be discarded can be used to enhance the buttock.  Implants are not a good choice as they are prone to long term complications in very thin patients with little soft tissue coverage.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with significant experience in gluteal and weight loss body contouring. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

A complete examination and analysis of the fat distribution and volume is needed to give an opinion. Also have to take in consideration your desired results. See a Board certified Plastic Surgeon who can give you the time before and after the surgery.

+1

It is a rare individual in whom I cannot find enough fat to perform a Brazilian buttlift.  If you send pictures you can be evaluated.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA