How Can Thin Patients Treat Deformities from a Fat Transfer?

I underwent a fat transfer to treat a recent facial wound. I am thin but curvy, size 2 or 4, with a very nice shape. However, now I have a dent in my leg! I also notice a loss of volume in my left butt cheek. I am very upset, as only a few months ago I had a beautiful face and body. I don't have any fat to correct the leg dent and butt volume loss with a fat transfer. All the fat I have is much loved by me. Are there other treatment options (such as fillers) that don't involve implants?

There are several options for indentations

+1

You have several options, including just waiting another 2-3 months. Some temporary fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Perlane will provide immediate benefit for up to 9 months. A series of Sculptra injections will provide a more gradual but longer lasting correction. Of course carefully performed fat transfer is still an option if you have adequate donor sites. Good luck.

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Deformity in Thigh and Buttock from Fat Transfer

+1

Hi,

Accent XL is a radiofrequency device that has successfully treated deformities created from liposuction.  Consult with an expert user to see whether you are a candidate for the treatment.  Your misfortune is one good reason for the use of Sculptra instead of fat in the face of thin women. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fat transfer complications

+1

Hi Scarred,

I answered your other question as well :).  I trained at a place who literally wrote the book on fat transfers.  A dent can occur, unfortunately, the treatment is more fat in that area (since that's where the fat was removed).  I would bring this up to your surgeon and see what he could do about it.  I would wait about 6 months after surgery before undergoing more surgery, it could resolve itself in that time.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Dents after liposuction

+1

There is no other SAFE filler  than fat.

Consult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY)for appropriate advise.