How Can Thin Patients Treat Deformities from a Fat Transfer?

I underwent a fat transfer to treat a recent facial wound. I am thin but curvy, size 2 or 4, with a very nice shape. However, now I have a dent in my leg! I also notice a loss of volume in my left butt cheek. I am very upset, as only a few months ago I had a beautiful face and body. I don't have any fat to correct the leg dent and butt volume loss with a fat transfer. All the fat I have is much loved by me. Are there other treatment options (such as fillers) that don't involve implants?

There are several options for indentations

+1

You have several options, including just waiting another 2-3 months. Some temporary fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Perlane will provide immediate benefit for up to 9 months. A series of Sculptra injections will provide a more gradual but longer lasting correction. Of course carefully performed fat transfer is still an option if you have adequate donor sites. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.specialface.com

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Deformity in Thigh and Buttock from Fat Transfer

+1

Hi,

Accent XL is a radiofrequency device that has successfully treated deformities created from liposuction.  Consult with an expert user to see whether you are a candidate for the treatment.  Your misfortune is one good reason for the use of Sculptra instead of fat in the face of thin women. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fat transfer complications

+1

Hi Scarred,

I answered your other question as well :).  I trained at a place who literally wrote the book on fat transfers.  A dent can occur, unfortunately, the treatment is more fat in that area (since that's where the fat was removed).  I would bring this up to your surgeon and see what he could do about it.  I would wait about 6 months after surgery before undergoing more surgery, it could resolve itself in that time.

Nima Shemirani

Dents after liposuction

+1

There is no other SAFE filler  than fat.

Consult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY)for appropriate advise.