Really thin lips. Which would be the best procedure for them?

I've wanted to do something about my thin lips for a while now. I have done some research and not too sure which procedure would be best suited for my lips. I want a extremely natural look. I'm not looking for big lips, i'm just looking for some more volume in the upper and lower lip. With your expertise, I would like to know which is the best option for them? Would a filler work like Juvederum Volebella? or would that just make my lips protrude and get a unwanted 'duck look' ? Thanks.

+1

Juvederm and Restylane which are both hyaluronic acid fillers would be the best option to enhance the lips, I suggest you seek a reputable provider to ensure a natural result

Lip augmentation

+1

Juvederm is a fantastic option for lip augmentation. It is very soft, and yields a great looking and natural result. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. He or she will be able to evaluate you in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Thin lips

+1

There are several options for adding fullness to lips. Injectable materials such as Restylane, Juvederm, or Belotero are good options that give consistent results. They can be placed precisely to give better definition to the borders of the lips or to add volume to the lips or both. The downside is that they are not permanent, lasting about six to eight months generally. Another option is your own fat. Fat is a natural filler, however, it is less predictable. Fat is very fragile stuff and needs a quiet environment in which to grow. The lips are always in motion as you talk or eat which is not the ideal environment. Still, even if only a portion of the fat injected survives, it is permanent. A third option would be a permanent implant such as PermaLip implants. These are soft, pliable silicone implants that can be inserted through small incisions in the corners of the lips. The downside here is that you may get some swelling that may last for several weeks. Another potential downside is that the implants may shift in position if not anchored properly, in which case you may have some asymmetry of the lips.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Best procedure for thin lips

+1

The hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero are the best options for correcting lips. They are used to increase or replace lost volume, define the vermilion borders and create a more youthful curl, elevate and lift the corners of the mouth, and correct vertical wrinkle lines. Your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Thin lip treatment

+1

Thin lips can be treated nicely with filler injections which can easily be done in the office after a little topical anesthetic is used on the lips.