I Have Very Thin Lips, What Are My Options? (photo)

I want to get a natural look, but I have very thin lips and a small mouth. What filler should I choose? I'm 23 years old

Lip Enhancement Options

+1

For short-term volume enhancement of the lips, an array of temporary soft tissue fillers can be used: Juvederm is made of naturally occurring substance called hyaluronic acid. It is an injected filler that provides volume and hydration. Because hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body, it does not cause allergic reactions.
 Restylane is also a hyaluronic acid filler. It maintains its shape by binding itself to water that is already present in the lips. 
Evolence is a new filler made of collagen that is designed to mimic the body's naturally occurring collagen. Because of this, the filler is able to join the current structure of the lips and support the existing collagen. It adds strength and volume to the lips for a natural, longer-lasting result. 

These fillers can last from a few months to a year.

Lip filler for thin lips

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers are a great way to start to augment the lips.  They can plump up the upper and lower lips and give a nice projection to the edge of the lips (vermillion border).  When done properly, a nice natural volume increase will be seen.  

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Injectable Fillers in Thin Lips

+1

While injectable fillers is the most common method for lip augmentation, there are limitations to what they can achieve. Thin lips can not be made into full lips by any type of injectable fillers. They can be made better and somewhat fuller but care in injection must be done to avoid an over corrected look. Trying to use injectable fillers to make substantially bigger will create the well known and often described 'duck lip' look. But fillers are a good place to start so you can see what can be achieved. There are other more surgical lip augmentation methods available that can be explored if you find that injectable fillers do not produce satisfying results.  

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/lip.html

I Have Very Thin Lips, What Are My Options?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, your lips are thin and the upper extremley thin.  Restylane or Juvederm can be used to fill out the lip however, due to the very thin nature of the lips IMO Alloderm Lip Implants would create fuller, more soft, supple lips.  Be sure the MD that does your Lip Augmentation understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of naturally, more attractive lips.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Juvederm is the best option for lip augmentation

+1

Juvederm or Restylane are the best options for lip augmentation. The differences between each of the hyaluronic acid gel products include particle size, total concentration, and the extent of cross linking. Restylane has a higher G’ and G’’ than Juvederm. This means that it is a firmer, more viscous gel which can therefore create more lift and volume. In my opinion, a softer gel like Juvederm is more ideal for lips. Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane have several advantages over permanent lip implants. One obvious advantage is that surgery is not required. Another is that you can get either a rapid or a gradual correction depending upon how many syringes you have injected and you can decide as you go exactly how much correction looks good. Also, as your face ages it changes over the years. Touch up treatments are constantly being modified to fit the changing face. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/juvederm/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

Filler materials that are absorbable like Perlane or Juvederm are great to augment the lips without overdoing it.

Lip fillers are always good to test the results before going to the permanent implants.

+1

Lip fillers such as juvederm/restylane are great temporary fillers to see what size lips you  like and how you want them shaped. They are done under local nerve blocks and are easy to undergo for roughly $550/syringe and last roughly 6 months.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com/lip-enhancement/index.php

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

+1

There are a couple of options you may want to consider to achieve natural appearing fullness in your lips: 1) fillers which are temporary, but will give you fullness in the upper lip and 2) a lip implant which is reversible.  Generally, a hyaluronic is best (e.g. Juvederm or Restylane).  Please consult with a board certified surgeon who can best assist you in achieving the results you desire.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/procedures2/lipaugmentation

Options for thin lips

+1

Some type of hyaluronic acid (Juvederm, Restylane) would be simple and appropriate for improving your lip volume. It is important to remember that your doctor is not simply "blowing up your lips"-- There are very specific landmarks and highlights that are specifically augmented to give a nice attractive look for you. This is very easily done in the office with essentially no down-time.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon