Thin Forehead Skin, Best Browlift? and Also What Happens if I Go Long Enough Without Treating It? (photo)

i'm really scared and upset about what will happen, i don't know which browlift would be appropriate for my skin so i took a couple pictures, is it going to cause the whole eyelid to droop over my iris? i really want to get the surgery done now, but we don't have the money for it. so i'm afraid it's just going to keep getting worse:/ my eyelids already stick together sometimes. thanks:(

Thin Forehead Skin, Best Browlift? and Also What Happens if I Go Long Enough Without Treating It?

+1

Based on your pictures, it does not appear that you need a brow lift. For women, the ideal brow position should be 1 cm above the bony rim of your brow, which you have. You also have a high hairline, which can be raised even higher depending on the type of brow lift is performed, so careful consideration of the risks and benefits of a browlift need to be discussed with your plastic surgeon. Also, there does not appear to be a lot of excess skin above your upper eyelids, at least based on your pictures, so it does not seem like you need a blepharoplasty. However, I would recommend going to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation in person.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

+1

Most browlift techqniques would work fine for a person with thin forehead skin. However, based on your photos, I would not recommend a browlift. While the brow on the right side of your photo sits lower than the brow on the left side of your photo (this is common) a browlift is an aggressive approach to improve that symmetry. You could consider something like Botox if the asymmetry bothers you. With regard to the heaviness and crowding in your upper lids, an upper blepharoplasty is likely a better option when the time is right. You should seek a consultation with an expert eyelid surgeon for more specific advice when you want to move forward. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon