How to Get Rid of Saggy Neck Skin? I Don't Want a Facelift.

I Have a Thin Face Now It Used to Be Fuller Result Very Very Saggy Skin. how do I get rid of severe sagging neck skin? If I pull each side at the same time there is in excess of 1 1/2 inch. That makes 3+ inches of excess skin. It Makes me look 10 years older I do not want a full face lift just get rid of all this extra saggy skin. I could donate it to a burn center believe me there is plenty!

Excess neck skin

+2

As my colleagues have indicated it is difficult to give advice without seeing your photo, however based on your description of the amount of skin you are "pulling" it appears at a minimum a lower facelift is required to solve your problem.  You did not indicate your age or any other factors such as if you have ever smoked, had significant sun exposure, etc.  You did mention you now have a thin face whereas it used to be fuller which would indicate you have lost weight and this could result in sagging skin depending on the amount of weight lost.  Typically when we see excess neck skin there are also jowls (irregular jaw line) and these would need to be addressed at the same time as the excess neck skin as all of this skin is connected and you would be unhappy with just correcting the neck.  So in answer to your question there is not a correction for you that is non-surgical.  Please seek the advice of a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon in your area for a consultation.  You can visit the website of the American Academy for Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (aafprs.org) to find a qualified surgeon in your area.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift with or without facelift for saggy neck skin

+2

The most important thing a competent plastic surgeon can do is choose the right surgery for the right patient. If you pick the wrong procedure the patient will not be happy and the result will be substandard no matter how good the surgeon is. For what you describe the only option is some surgical excision of the extra skin. If you want the maximum result with the least visible scar you will have to have a standard facelift procedure. If you do not mind a lesser result with more visible skin scar you can investigate the possibility of an isolated neck lift. In some patients this is a safe cheaper alternative especially in men who only want the turkey gobbler neck addressed. If a doctor tries to talk you into a lesser procedure with promises of maximal results using a new laser or some other modality, no down time etc. run in the opposite direction.

Aaron Stone, MD

Get rid of sagging neck skin without a facelift.

+1

The only procedure that is truly effective in eliminating sagging neck skin is a well done face and neck lift.  In addition, sagging in the neck can be due to more problems than just skin.  Sagging muscle, glands and excess fat  can all deleteriously effect the aging neckline.  Some problems with the aging neck are more than skin deep and only surgery can correct all these issues.  For minimal skin laxity in the neck, I have found fractional ablative CO2 laser, the Active Fx (Ultrapulse Encore) to be the most effective non-surgical treatment for wrinkled neck skin.   It improves skin texture, fine horizontal wrinkles, and tightens neck skin. 

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

What do to with sagging skin

+1

Without a photo, it is difficult for us to give you specific advice.  However, from your description, it sounds like a lower facelift is all that will achieve what you want.  There is no magic wand in plastic surgery to perform miracles without surgery and without incisions.  For small skin tightening, there are laser techniques - external or internal such as Smartlipo.  However, for the degree of tightening that you are looking for, surgery is likely your only option.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Surgery is all you need

+1
When you run out of scathe tape pulling the skin back, get a consultation with a plastic surgeon. Sounds like you need a face and neck lift.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Neck improvement without surgery

+1

We would all love to be able to take a pill, or have an injection to tighen loose neck skin, but i can assure you that will not happen in your lifetime.  From the amount of looseness you described, it's time to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Given enough time, you will eventually look like a Pelican, and will then need a more extensive operation.

Darrick E. Antell, MD