What is the best option to remove the cellulite on my thighs?

Is this cellulite or fat on my thighs? exercise doesn't get rid of it... Will Lipo help?

Cellulaze and Lipo

+1

Hello. Good question with no real correct answer. I have done Cellulaze and SmartLipo in the same areas at the same time with very good results. I have also done Smart Lipo first then followed months later with Cellulaze. If you were to stagger them I would do the lipo first as you may get some improvement in shape with this alone or it may reduce the areas in which you are concerned about having Cellulaze but if it is more the dimpling than the shape that bothers you then Cellulaze first. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze or Smartlipo can do for them. Hope this helps! Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment

+1

If you are looking for a long-lasting treatment for cellulite, consider Cellulaze.

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze and possibly Smart lipo

+1

From your photograph it appears that you have the type 3 moderate to severe cellulite, with contour deformities.  as bad as that could sound, it can be treated, but might take more than one type of procedure to improve the shape of your legs.  I would first start with Smart Lipo to smooth out the deeper layers, then I would recommend Cellulaze for your cellulite.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze the currently the best approved and carefully studied option for treatment of cellulite.

+1

Cellulaze is the best studied and FDA approved option for the treatment of Cellulite.  This treatment in skilled hands can reduce the fat bulges, release the fibrous bands that cause dimpling of the skin and tighten the skin to give an over all smoother appearance to the skin. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulaze is the first ever long-lasting cellulite reduction

+1

Cellulaze is the first ever long-lasting cellulite reduction treatment that, through one minimally invasive application, has the baility to smooth out skin and keep it cellulite-free.  Smart lipo will remove the fat while Cellulaze will help smooth the skin. This method promotes skin thickening and tightening resulting in tighter, smoother skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Consider Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

There is no cure for cellulite

+1

There are many claims by various manufacturers and physicians that they have found the "definitive" treatment for cellulite; however, historically none have withstood the test of time. Cellulite is a complex matter and many conditions lumped into one category as Cellulite, need different approaches to improve skin texture. Generally, maintaining a lean weight close to your ideal body weight, avoiding dehydration of the skin, avoiding sun damage and always providing adequate support for the skin with appropriate compression garments especially while engaged in high impact activity will prevent skin laxity and loss of turgor which in many cases may cause or worsen skin texture irregularity. I believe all treatments available at this time will either not change anything or only temporarily improve the appearance of cellulite.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite: How do I fix it?

+1

It is unfortunate that so many companies pray on patients looking for an easy cheap fix for cellulite.  There is a repackaging of some old technology with a sexy name every month.  Cellulite can be improved and it just depends on the type of cellulite a person has.  Is it deep cellulite with abundant fat, or is it localized 'problem spots?'  In general I recommend you avoid any technologies involving focused ultrasound or radio-frequency as Thermage and other technologies are well known for creating deformities.

In general I like to treat cellulite like you describe with a combination of diode laser  to gentlly reduce and smooth the subcutaneous fat with an infrared deep dermal heating for skin tightening.  In cases like yours I feel this is the best option.  The devices I use are iLipo by Chromogenix for fat reduction and SkinTyte II from Sciton for skin contraction and smoothing.  There may be other similar products out there but I dont recommend following advertiser hype in choosing your treatment.

Choose a reputable plastic surgeon with experience with these technologies and with conventional techniques.  You need to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon who can guide you.  Depending exam you may be better off with a liposuction modality.  In certain cases I use hydrojet liposuction (BodyJet by humanmed)  to reduce problem areas ann smooth the skin  this is particularly useful for deeper large cellulite where some fat grafting is added back to the deeper areas after the liposuction.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Cellulite

+1

There is no cure for cellulite. There are treatments that can make it look better and you can maintain this improved appearance by continuing to have maintenance treatments, but it won't ever be gone for good.  Your photograph shows a linear depression in more than one area. Some people actually can get that after liposuction! Liposuction may help some people notice improvement but it most, the cellulite does not improve after liposuction.  Endermologie, Velashape, and Thermage have been used for cellulite, although the latter is not a maintenance treatment and most physicians would not promise any results with any of these treatments.

Ronald Shelton, MD