Thighs Uneven and Lumpy After Lipo/Mommy Makeover - Can This Be Fixed?

Hi, I had a Mommy Makeover 9 months ago. This included lipo on my inner and outer thighs. Immediately after surgery, it appeared that I had too much fat removed from my thighs. After 3 months, my doctor stated as much. It's now 9 months later, and I want to hide my thighs. They are bumpy and uneven and look worse than before I had the lipo. Can my legs be fixed? Stomach is now showing stretch marks? Can I Prevent?

More lipo versus a thigh lift usually....

+1

Cases like these can be difficult. More liposuction versus a thigh lift might improve things, but you need be examined by a qualified surgeon to determine your candidacy for repair.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Uneven contour after liposuction of thighs

+1

This is very difficult to treat but can be improved with a combination of fat transfer and liposuction.  The skin of the inner thigh is especially delicate and difficult to restore back to it's original smooth contour.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and this may be able to be performed under local anesthesia.

This is not that unusual after liposuction however since it's been 9 months, it's not likely to improve much at all on its own without some sort of surgical revision.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Post Liposuction Touch Ups

+1

Occasionally after liposuction, patients are left with uneven or irregular skin and may need a touch up. Since your doctor agrees, I would talk to him about a touch up and see what options you have. Options should include evening out irregularities with more liposuction or doing fat grafting (taking fat from another area and transplanting it into your thighs to smooth out). I do recommend waiting at least six months to a year before getting a touch up. If your body shape is stable after nine months, you may be able to do this soon.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon