Thighs Lift Surgery or Thighs Smart Liposuction? (photo)

I've lost 150lbs, and it has been two years hitting a plateau. I feel my thighs are heavier than my rest of my body and i guess they are full of fat. I am not sure if it is too much skin or too much fat. But, i feel skin is not lighter than fat for sure. I was thinking about other tech rather than having a vertical scar. I am 27 year old man. Do you think smart lipo or slim lipo or any other thing will help resolve the problem. I am not looking for 100% result, am just aiming for 60% or 70 %

Thigh Lift More Suitable

+1
Generally, after losing a lot of weight it can be difficult for the skin to tighten back up again. Liposuction may remove any stubborn fat deposits in your thighs, however it has been my experience that any obvious sagging present before surgery remains afterward, and can even get worse. As a result, a thigh lift would probably be better suited. You will have more scarring, however liposuction will probably be insufficient in addressing your concerns. You won't even get 60% because the excess skin will contribute to the heavier look you dislike.

Thigh Lifts or Smart Liposuction

+1

After such a great weight loss, the issue is skin, and the liposuction is not going to get the job done.  You may be a candidate for the limited groin scar, but that will depend upon exam and your goals.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs thigh lift surgeries on a regular basis.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Thigh lift or Lipo

+1

Thanks for the great question, I do laser Lipo and I do thigh lifts , from your pictures a thigh lift is going to give you the results you want , any type of laser Lipo will not give you the results you are seeking, what type of incision would require a good physical exam, good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lift versus lasers

+1

Congratulations on loosing so much weight!  You've saved your own life. Unfortunately, you will not be graced with skin that can shrink back down to your original size. Your thighs do exhibit fatty deposition, but the real problem is skin excess.  Regardless of scholarly scientific articles written by prominent surgeons (Suzuki and DiBernardo) suggesting that lasers shrink skin more significantly than just lipo, they are far too inadequate to effectively and meaningfully tighten the skin around your thighs.  You will need modest liposuction and a medial thigh lift.  The real debate is whether  you can 'get away with' a thigh lift that leaves only a scar in the groin, or will you need a lift that also includes a vertical component.  Only an examination by an experienced surgeon can say for sure.  Certification by the ABPS and membership with the ASAPS are minimum requirements for the surgeon you want to perform this.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Medial thigh lift

+1

Based on the pictures posted, any form of liposuction will cause more skin droop. It will make the situation worse.

Grion incisions for medial thigh lift can be hidden but may not give you the tightest skin. Verical scar will show but can tighten the thigh well.

Combining the liposuction of the medial thigh with vertical thigh lift will decrease the bulk and tighten the thigh. Depending on your preferance to the scar, you will have to decide which scar you are willing to live with and what result to expect.