Should I Have A Thigh Reduction?

I was planning on being a model, however you need thigh measurements of 16-18 inches. Since I am 5'11 I can go with 18 however my current size is 22 inches. Is it possible to reduce my legs by this much, my legs are sort of solid. (super skinny everywhere else)

No need for a thigh reduction

+2

Your photos clearly demonstrate well proportioned and muscular legs. In our persuit for perfection we can often over analyze and this leads to potentially preventable consequences of surgery.  In all operation we want the benefit to very much outweigh the risks.  In cosmetic surgery this means that generally we want to greatly change your body with as little risk as possible. I am afraid that this operation would leave you disappointed or at worse leave you with some sort of scarring or contour irregularity that could ruin your modelling career.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction in thin areas yields poor results

+2

If your legs are muscular and do not have fat pads, which I do not see, you will only regret doing liposcution.  The nice smooth skin appearance could be jeopardized with irregular fat thickness.  You may be able to decrease the circumference of the thigh a little bit but it is not worth the risk or the minimal change.

Continue to exercise and have a healthy diet and you will find your spot for modeling.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for thighs

+1
Because your photos show that you do not have much fat in your thighs, you would probably not benefit from liposuction. It's a better idea to slim down your legs in another way, perhaps by doing cardiovascular activities and light strength training to improve tone.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Muscular legs

+1

Your legs do not show a physique that would benefit by liposuction, nor would you lose that circumference you suggested. You might end up with irregularities, indentations, asymmetry and other side effects that could be quite noticable and prevent you from modeling with other agencies. Feel confident about yourself and you may yet get discovered!

Ronald Shelton, MD

Decreasing thigh measurements

+1

As you can see from the opinions of multiple experienced plastic surgeons, losing 4 inches on your well toned thighs is not realistic. Although you have a small amount of fat along the inner thigh, I would urge caution as this area is prone to dimpling. Some women perfrom squats to tone their thighs but this ends may produce greater bulk. A Pilates or yoga regimen may help thin out and "lengthen" the thighs.

Thigh reduction to fit someone's expectations

+1

Looking at your photos, I don't think you have very much fat on your legs - they look well muscled, not fat.  I doubt that liposuction would make the 4" difference you are hoping for.

While I understand your dreams and desires to be a model, you can't and probably shouldn't try to make your body fit someone else's completely arbitrary and probably unrealistic size criteria.  Don't judge your value with a tape measure!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Lipsuction of thighs

+1

Do not assume liposuction can reduce your thigh circumference by that much.  Your legs look like they are in pretty good shape from the photos.  On the other hand if you have fatty pockets that are not satisfactory thehy can be treated.

Liposuction for contour and proportion, never size

+1

The idea that you can reduce the circumference of your thigh 4 inches with liposuction is a poor one. Liposuction can address contour and proportion but not size. Your legs look nicely shaped and balanced and liposuction would be a bad idea. You can slim with yoga and weight loss, but you are entering an industry well known for eating disorders, so get a professional coach if you wish to trim and tone.

peterejohnsonmd

Should I Have A Thigh Reduction?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. The answer is NO! You are not a good candidate for thigh reduction. Sorry, Dr. Blinski from MIAMI 

Beautiful figure

+1

It would be a shame for you not to be able to model because of some arbitrary measurement.  You have beautiful, well proportioned, athletic looking legs that most girls would die to have!  Don't do liposuction because you don't have extra fat and you could ruin your legs with dents and grooves from the lipo.  Please love yourself because you are very genetically gifted.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS