Can Thigh Liposuction and Breast Augmentation Be Done Together?

I had Liposuction done on my calves and ankles 2 years ago. I am now going back to have my upper inner and outer thighs done, as well as a breast augmentation. I also have lumps from my previous surgery on my lower legs and wonder how I should approach my PS with this. Can I have all this done at once safely?

Liposuction And Breast Augmentation Together?

+1

Yes the 2 procedures you've  mentioned can be done together safely. In regards to the previously performed surgery I would discuss your concerns calmly  and in a non-accusatory fashion with your plastic surgeon.

Please make sure you are working with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

Combining liposuction and breast augmentation

+1

Yes, these two procedures can be combined safely.  Here in Florida, combined procedures have a volume limit - not more than 1000 cc (1 litre) of fat can be removed when 2 or more surgeries are combined.

Breast augmentation and liposuction

+1

These two procedures are often combined, so we know it's safe. The more important question I think is how to approach your PS about a lumpy result in your lower leg area liposuction. It's simple-- just bring it up openly. We all know that those areas are fraught with complications. Most board certified plastic surgeons don't even do those areas at all because of what you're currently concerned with.

Because the solution could be in the use of fat grafting, while you're doing your thigh suction maybe there is a role for correcting the deformity of the calves/ankles. Correcting these deformities is not a sure fire thing unfortunately, so be sure you're completely aware of what the possibilities are this time around.

At this point, it's suprising that you're surprised, and unusual that you're not sure how to bring it up. You should be really confident with him about discussing everything. Don't worry about offending anyone, you won't. He'll take pride in his work and surely want to improve it if possible.

Multiple procedures

+1

It sounds reasonable to have liposuction of the thighs and breast augmentation simultaneously. But you and your surgeon should be clear on what your priorities are and that it might be possible to curtail the procedure and when that might occur. As far as imperfection of previous surgery goes, just be honest and straight-forward. Most reputable surgeons will appreciate the chance to make you happy if there is a reasonable chance of doing so, while understanding that there are inherent risks of imperfection with all procedures.

Combined procedures are safe

+1

Dear JPB

It is certainly safe to combine procedures when performed within reasonable guidelines. In the state of Florida we are not permitted to remove more than 1000 cc of fat and combine it with other procedures. Depending upon how much fat has to be removed it certainly seems reasonable to combine the two procedures and do the touch-ups in one sitting. It will save you cost and recovery time.

As far as the touch up goes, if the same doctor did the surgery on the lower legs he or she may or may not charge you for the touch up depending upon his policy with that. If he did not do the original surgery I would think he would charge for the revision.

Good luck with your surgery.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.