I Had Thigh Lipo(inner, Outer & Knees) Abt 1.2 L Removed. I Am 38y 5'3 140 Pounds. Is It Enough to See Good Results & Reshaping?

My bruising is getting better, but i cant stand wearing my compression garment ! i can see a reduction in size specially in the outer thighs, will i continue to see reduction in size in my thighs in the weeks to come & can i take off my compression garment ? I really cant stand it besides my knees get really swollen when i put on ! My doc said that it will take about 2 months to see the final results after all the swelling is gone? Does that mean i will continue to see a reduction in size ? pls help !

Swelling and liposuction

+2

Swelling after liposuction is common, and I usually have patients wear the garments for 3-6 weeks. Best to follow your surgeon's recommendations.

Liposuction changes

+2

Patients can see the changes as soon as the first follow up visit but the changes continue to occur for the next 6 months to a year.  It is important to continue wearing your garment that helps with reduction in swelling and aids in healing.  We also find that the results are further improved if the patients additionally lose even small amount of weight, 5 - 10 pounds.

Alexander Golger, MD

Swelling after liposuction

+2

After liposucton, you will have swelling for a few months. 

I tell my patients:

You will have maximal swelling between 4-7 days after liposuction.

At 6 weeks after surgery, 80% of the swelling is gone. 

At 3 months, 90% of the swelling is gone. 

The remaining 10% takes 6-12 months to go away. 

I personally do not think compression garments change the long term results, but wearing them per your surgeon's instructions will help your short term appearance!

I hope that helps!

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Swelling

+1

I would do whatever your Dr. tells you as far as the postop garment etc.

I tell my patients to wear the garments for a total  of 4 to 6 weeks, but can convert to a more comfy "secondary" garment after the first  2 to 3 weeks. If knees were treated and are swelling be sure the garmet extends to below the knees. I feel that  post op garments are very important to get rid of swelling quicker and to obtain maximal skin contraction.

1200cc's of fatty aspirate from the thighs is certainly enough to obtain great results!

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is probably too early to tell.  Swelling can persist for 6 months and sometimes up to 1 year following liposuction.

Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                       Los Angeles, CA