Thigh Lift Loose Incisions? (photo)

I had a thigh lift with incisions in the gluteal crease. At the ends of the incisions the skin is still loose and I am wondering if a localized lift of the skin at the ends of the incisions could br done to give a smoother contour.

Thigh Lift Revision?

+1

Perhaps the picture is not giving the best view of the loose skin, which can be removed with a longer scar.  I perform thigh lifts all the time, and every patient requires different length incisions in different areas to correct laxity.

Secondary Thigh Lift

+1

Dear ab5555,

Loose thigh skin can be tightened with a secondary lift. As others have pointed out, this may require the scars to be longer.

Please consult with an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD 

Larry Fan, MD

Loose skin after thigh lift

+1

If you have loose skin at the edge of your thigh lift incisions, this can almost certainly be made better by a localized thigh lift right in that area.  You need to be sure you discuss with your surgeon however the new length and location of your incisions as they will almost certainly be longer after your second procedure.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Thigh lift and laxity

+1

Laxity of the skin is related to the amount of skin removed, the location of the incisions, and the underlying quality of the tissues.

Loose skin following thigh lift surgery

+1

If you have loose skin at the end of your incision it can always be revised.  It would be helpful to see before and after photographs to see if your operation accomplished it goals.