Time to do a minor skin lift in the inner thigh

I had inner thigh lipo and it left sagging skin. I wrote to real self where I received a lot of helpful info. Although my excess skin is minimal I dont understand how the doctor can give me a spot lipo an inject it into a hollow spot in my butt where he did the fat transfer and do a thigh lift all in one and a half hours. Please tell me the normal amount of time to do a minor skin lift in the inner thigh.

Medial thigh lift

+3

There is no MINOR medial thigh lift.

regardless tof the amount of skin at minimum , medial thigh lift with the incision in the grion crease will take about 3 hours. It is highly specialized surgery and requires fixation of the skin dermis to the deep facia below the labia otherwise the scar will drop down and pull on the labia( VERY UNCOMFORTABLE).

The liposuction for fat transfer takes time because it has to be done with a very small canula, and the fat has to be prepared and then expertlt injected ( 2 hours).

Timing for a thigh lift revision

+2

This may be the amount of actual operating time and not the anesthesia time.  If you're concerned, i would recommend getting a second opinion in person.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Thigh lifts are not minor surgery

+1

Thank you for your question. Most thigh lift surgeries are performed on patients who have lost a considerable amount of weight.  Smaller lifts can be performed on patients such as yourself who have smaller amounts of excess skin located in the upper, inner thighs.  In this situation, the scars can be hidden in the groin crease but requires deep anchoring sutures to prevent the scars from spreading and separation of the labia. This would be very difficult to do in an office setting and certainly would take at least 2 hours.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

How long should a procedure take?

+1

How long "should" an operation take raises a very important point that every patient should think about.  Surgeons should be meticulous yet efficient.  If you are in a plane, sitting on the runway for five hours because the pilot is being very "meticulous" that everything is in order before takeoff, it 's obviously too long. Conversely, if a surgeon says they can do a breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and facelift in an hour, the result will probably "look" like it had been done in an hour. 

Some surgeons operate more efficiently than others, and some are slow and some are fast.  If you wonder how long a thighlift (or any procedure) should take, you should ask your physician why it takes a certain length of time. 

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lift

+1

A good physical exam would help determine what exactly you would need. Because the photos do not show the sagginess.