Very Unhappy With Thigh Lift Scars - Should I Get a Revision? (photo)

I lost 85lbs and had a thigh lift last August. I was told scars would be inside my thigh (up to my groin area). Immediately after surgery it was clear the scars are in the middle of my thigh. The Dr wants to do another lift (revision surgery). I'm afraid he won't fix it or make it worse. I'm in Asia and will be returning to the US next yr. Should I let the Dr try to fix this or wait to see a Dr when I get home? The cost here is much less, but not as important as having the scars fixed/improved.

Thigh Lift Scars - Revision?

+1

I'm sorry that the scars weren't placed where you expected they would be placed.

Unfortunately you will always have a visible scar. Surgery may be able to change the appearance of the scar but I don't think a scar revision will produce major changes in your scar. The position of the scar cannot be changed from the front of your thigh.

Should you have treatment in Asia or the US? I can't comment on that without knowing more about your access to a qualified and experienced surgeon. It may be possible to make your scars less noticeable through a combination of surgery, laser, silicone sheeting and time, but I would not advise that you spend large sums of money in an attempt to make the scars unnoticeable.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lift

+1

The scars may improve with time, but you will always have these scars. The problem is the position of the scars, being anterior on the thigh. I do not believe the position of the scars will change. The shape of the thighs may be improved, but the position of the scar can not be moved more to the normal inner thighs.