Thigh Lift Revision to Reverse Scarring?

I had an inner Thigh lift for sagging skin. I had a severe reaction to the surgical stitches that were used and now causing a lot of difficulty. I now have an ugly scar that droops down and is very visible in a bathing suit.

Is there a revision that can be done to reverse the scarring or what else is recommended?

Thigh lift revision

+1

Scar migration can occur.

During medial thigh lift we put two or three sutures from the deep skin to the pubic bone cover these sutures pucker the skin for a while BUT prevent the scar migration.

In your case these sutures may have pulled and thus the scar migrated. Thigh lift revision can be done and make sure these holding sutures are permanent and secure to prevent re migration. If your skin is of good quality it has a better chance of holding the scar from migration.

Scar revision from thigh lift

+1

It is quite possible that if your incision has fallen down you may need a revision to tuck it up into the crease once again. The scar itself can often be improved using a different type of suture that is not absorbable but removable. This should be discussed with your plastic surgeon to give you an improved result. The only concern would be if too much skin was removed and this caused the scar to migrate downward. This would again be something for your surgeon to determine and not me. I wish you good luck so you will feel comfortable again.

Steven Schuster MD FACS

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lift scars can be visible, depending on the incision

+1

Some thigh lifts place scars only within the crease in your groin area. Others have s scar that runs down the inside of the thigh down to the knee. I am assuming that your procedure was the first one with the scar in the groin crease. If you had a reaction and poor healing, then the scar will likely be wider than it was intended. It is quite possible that this scar is visible outside of a bathing suit. In order to correct this, you might require a scar revision.

However, it would be important to try and understand why you had the reaction in the first place. Do you have an allergy to one of the sutures used? Did you develop an infection? The only way to know is to look through the operative report and see what was done and what sutures were used. Then, seek out a good plastic surgeon who can assist with your revision. Good luck.