Cellulitis After Thigh Lift/Lipo: Follow Up

I don't believe I worded my last question correctly. I did develop cellulitis and was put on stronger antibiotics two weeks ago which helped tremendously. Now, 3 weeks after surgery I still have a lot of tenderness on my inner thighs as well as a lot of tightness.

Swelling has gone down, but not completely gone. Saw doctor, he said to try to walk as much as possible and then come back and see him in a month. All he can figure out at this point is perhaps slow recovery time. Thank you

Thigh lift swelling after cellulitis

+3

Thigh lifts can cause prolonged swelling even without post operative cellulitis.   Sometimes I will patients a diuretic to help the swelling if they really have a lot of discomfort.  Also, I hope your doctor has a high awareness on post operative blood clotting.  That can occur after thigh lift and can be tricky to diagnose clinically.  Make sure you see your doctor on a regular basis until you are all healed up.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Thigh lift healing

+2

Thigh lifts can take some time to heal.  Cellulitis can occur, and lead to delayed healing.  However once the cellulitis is under control the wounds will heal.  Often they heal well enough that no other treatment or scar revision is necessary.  At this stage it sounds like you need to patient and allow for things to heal.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Swelling after thigh lift

+2

It is bot unusuall to have swelling after a thigh lift.  If complicated by a cellulits it can easily take several months to resolve.  Be patient and follow up with your plastic surgeon as needed.  If the swelling and redness get worse then by all means call your doctor.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon