Thigh Lift Scar on Knee Area?

Can the Thigh lift scar be put in the knee area?

A thigh lift can be done with 2 types of scars

+1

One procedure involves places the scar entirely horizontally within the groin crease from front to back. This is an idea procedure for someone with excess skin in the upper thigh only.

A second procedure places the scar more vertically from the groin crease, along the inside of the thigh, and down to the inside of the knee. This procedure is idea for someone with excess skin in both upper and lower thighs.

It is not possible to do a thigh lift with a scar ONLY around the knee. I hope this helps answer your question.

Scars around the knee are undesireable

+1

Generally, knee scars are not great - ask any orthopedic surgeon.  The motion of the area tends to stretch the scars and widen them.  There is no way I can think of where you could do a thigh lift with a knee scar.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Thigh lifts come in all types of design

+1

I am not quite sure what you mean by that.

A thigh lift can refer to an inner or outer thigh lift.

Scars can be placed as a crescent along the inner thigh or as a continuation of the tummy tuck for an outer thigh lift.

The inner thighs can also be placed vertically from the groin area down to the knee ending just above or below it.,

The so-called knee lift popularized by Demi Moore can potentially create a visible scar at the top of the knee and is not a popular procedure.

I hope I answered your question.