Thigh Lift-OR-Fat Grafting & More Liposuction

I need to get revision surgery for aggressive liposuction that was done on my inner and outer thighs and knees. I have been getting consults from different doctors and have been getting different answers. Some doctors suggest getting a combination of fat grafting and more liposuction to even out contour irregularities. Other doctors have suggested getting a thigh lift and excising skin from my ruined gluteal crease. I'd really appreciate some more expert opinions. Thank you.

Thigh lift versus fat grafting and liposuction

+2

As others have stated above, there is not a "right" answer and there are many approaches to your problem.  Fat grafting and liposuction may make some improvements.  However, if you have loose skin leading to contour irregularities, then a more aggressive approach such as thigh lift may be a better option.  It really is up to you.  If you have the time and the money to try the more conservative approaches first, then that would be a good plan.  If you want to jump right to a more aggressive approach that would be appropriate as well.  

Good Luck.

Gluteal crease problem

+2

Gluteal crease problem after liposuction is a very difficult problem to correct.  I am not aware of any reliable way to correct this problem.  The combination of lipo and fat grafting should work in theory but I have yet to see great results

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Correcting contour deformities following liposuction is difficult

+1

With your situation, I'm afraid you will get many different opinions and it's difficult to say which one is the right one.  We have a saying in plastic surgery that there are 9 ways to skin a cat--and your case is a good fit for that saying!  I suggest sticking with the most conservative route at first, then trying more aggressive procedures like a thigh lift should the more conservative therapies not work.  It's also difficult to give you an objective opinion just based on the pictures you posted.  Find a plastic surgeon that you like and trust--that's the best advice I can give you.  Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD