Will a Lower Body Lift Help With Cellulite?

I have a lot of cellulite on back of my thighs and buttocks. Will getting a lower body lift help me with the appearance of cellulite?

Body Lift and cellulite

+1

A body lift is a surgical procedure to correct excess skin and skin quality problems. Areas of cellulite of the outer thighs and buttocks may be improved as the skin is tightened. Fat grafting to certain areas may also be beneficial. A though exam by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon performing body contouring surgery is the best place to start.

Body lifting and cellulite

+1

Body lifting is a procedure to address excess skin/tissue when a patient has had weight loss but still has loose skin.  This procedure will tighten things (in regards to skin).  Actual removal of cellulite? No, this procedure does not do this.

Cellulite and Bodylifts

+1

The term cellulite means different things to different people.  If the problem with the skin is a small one than it is unlikely that a body lift is an answer to your concern.  If howerer you would like to tighten your skin and get improvements in the shape of your buttocks lower back, waist and thighs a body lift has a lot to offer.  You would need to have a careful discussion with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one experienced in body lifts.

Mary Lee Peters, MD