I have thick, swollen ankles (cankles), would Liposuction be a permanent remedy for this?

okay I was asked to shortend the details of my questions, So I just cut ALL the details out & lets cut to the chase. I am 26, about 5 foot 7 about 165lbs & for as long as I can remember I've had thick ankles that swells up depending on what I eat.... My question is what are the permanent remedies for this???? Ankle Lipo???? Is that a good idea? Can I have it done while awake??? Ankle Mesotheraphy??? What can I do for permanent results???

Ankle swelling and liposuction

+1
Ankle swelling is unlikeey to be improved with liposuction and at least temporarily will worsen it.
It is a difficult area to liposuction safely with good results.
Mesotherapy in the ankle has risks as well - because of the blood vessels, tendons and nerves in the area.
I suggest you consult in person a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see if what, if anything can be done. You need a personal examination to answer your questions. Best wishes.

Liposuction for Thick Ankles

+1
Stubborn fat in the calves and ankles or “cankles” can be difficult to improve with just diet and exercise and patients who experiences this can benefit from liposuction. Calf and ankle liposuction can be performed as an outpatient procedure in a fully accredited ambulatory surgery facility with "twilight" anesthesia administered by a board certified anesthesiologist. I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, in order to contour and resculpture the calves and ankles while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. It involves less downtime and side-effects than traditional liposuction and is particularly good for small areas of fat deposits like the ankles. Liposuction works best on patients who are of relatively average weight, but who need help with a problem area. No, reshaping your body isn’t as easy as going to the beauty parlor. Surgery is never 100% risk free and the healing process requires patience and determination.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Cankles respond great to liposuction with the micro canulas and is done under local.

+1
Cankles do respond well to liposuction when done under local and with the micro cannulas. cost is roughly $4500 on special and so worth it. sincerely, david Hansen,md

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of the ankle should be done cautiously

+1
Heavy ankles are not necessarily the product of excess fat. In the occasional situation where it is. Liposuction can be beneficial but must be done carefully and with very regimented postoperative care.

No good answers

+1
There are no good solution for thick ankles. Liposuction is a bad idea for ankles. This will only lead to more leg swelling and problems.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS,FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Treatment of cankles.

+1
  • Cankles can be treated quite effectively with liposuction. It is important to keep your legs wrapped and elevated for an extended period postoperatively. I would suggest that you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that he can evaluate your legs and suggest the most appropriate treatment options

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon