Do I Have Thick Skin? Is My Tip is Too Wide? (photo)

i was considering a tip refinement for my nose and read that its hard if u hav thick skin. I am of indian background and i have oily skin. I have a bulbous tip. my nose feels like there is fat between the cartilage and the skin...what procedure would be most appropriate for me? judging from how it looks, do i hav thick or thin skin?

Nasal Tip Surgery in Patient with Thick Skin

+2

Your skin is thick but can be improved with a rhinoplasty. Frequently we can improve tip definition with cartilage grafts and conservatively removing underlying fatty tissue when this is part of the problem. I would need to examine you to make specific recommendations.

Thick Skin and Wide Tip

+2

You do have thick skin, which will limit your results and increase the length of time to see your final results.  However, I deal with a lot of patients with thick skin, and the results of reducing a wide tip are satisfying to the patients.  I would not let the skin be a deterrent to rhinoplasty, and you can have quite a significant reduction in tip size.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Thick skin on nose

+2

Yes, you ahve thick skin and this may affect the definition of the tip that you may desire. Best to be seen in person for a proper evaluation.

Thick nasal

+2

It is common in some ethnic groups to have thick skin on the nose. This does affect your results and expectations. A rhinoplasty would improve the width of your nose at the top and the bottom. It would also give you a more refined tip. You should not expect the same result as someone with thin skin. Make sure you go to a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and is experienced with rhinoplasty.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Thick nasal skin

+1

Looking at your photos, it does appear you have thick skin. In general, patients with thick skin are not always able to achieve the level of definition they desire. However, great improvements can still be made. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com/rhinoplasty/

Rhinoplasty for Thick skin

+1

Its important to have realistic expectations when undergoing a rhinoplasty for very thick skin in the tip area. A conservative improvement in the bridge with osteotomies, an alar plasty would narrow the nostrils and  suturing of the tip cartilages with cartilage grafting would help narrow the tip. Expect a long postoperative recovery and a  lot all swelling to subside in the tip area.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Thick tip skin

+1

Yes you do have thick skin and this will definitely limit how defined your tip can become.  Therefore your expectations are the most important element.  That being said you can definitely get improvement using cartilage grafts.  The key will be to build a strong framework onto which to allow your skin to show the definition.  Make sure you pick a doctor with lots of experience with ethnic noses.  Hope that helps. 

Web reference: http://www.radyrahban.com/gallery/nose/female-rhinoplasty/01/

Rhinoplasty tip refinement in thick skin noses.

+1

Rhinoplasty tip refinement in thick skin noses can be improved by thinning the skin with or without cartilage grafts. Your base is wide and needs to bbe narrowed. See a very experienced surgeon for the best results and have him show u noses he has done on Indian or thick skinned noses.