My nose was over-grafted, can thick skinned nose be de-projected and narrowed in a revision rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I had a terrible initial rhinoplasty experience a year and half ago whereas my nose was overgrafted with use of multiple spreader grafts and given more projection with strut and dorsum grafting. I was unaware that all this grafting was to be used and now nose way too large and tip looks pig-like Can grafts be removed and thick skin nose de-projected and tip narrowed? Is my nose ruined for life now because thick skin will never contract back??

Can thick skinned nose be deprojected and narrowed in a revision rhinoplasty?

+1

Grafts can be removed in most cases, and the tip can be refined by other methods.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

It is correctable

+1
While revision rhinoplasty is, by definition, more difficult, problems such as your are not severe.  You should speak to your surgeon and/or seek the opinion of an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.  You can discuss your concerns and they will direct you on what you can realistically expect.  Overall, you can likely expect acceptable improvement.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Over -Grafted Nose

+1

Hi,

I can see the irregularities on the dorsum of your nose. This would probably require graft removal and Fascia grafting or gortex onlay to correct the irregularities.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS