Thick nasal skin? Large pores, blackheads. Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I understand the only way to know is through a consultation, but when I asked a surgeon I went to, he acted like it wasn't that important and that there was no way to determine skin thickness, but told me mine was probably medium thickness. I am an 18-year-old female, Caucasian. Since I have fair skin, but lots of blackheads/large pores, is my skin likely pretty thick? If so, can rhinoplasty do much for me? My tip is rather bulbous, and my nose is large. The nasolabial angle is also 90 degrees.

Rhinoplasty for thick skin

+2

The rhinoplasty procedure involves narrowing the bulbous tip with suture techniques of the lower lateral cartilages, and osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones. Very thick tip skin can be an impediment to seeing the full result of a rhinoplasty, but that's not the case here

Rhinoplasty and thick skin.

+2

From your photographs you do not look like you have thick skin. You should have no problem with aesthetic rhinoplasty done by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Thick nasal skin? Large pores, blackheads. Rhinoplasty?

+1

Rhinoplasty can create a tip that is refined and elevated, and the overall nose can be made smaller.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty with Thick Nasal Skin and Large Pores

+1

You're correct - a rhinoplasty can change the size, contour, and position of the bone and cartilage. Minimal changes are made in the thickness and quality of the overlying skin. That is why I have patients like you consult with our aestheticians to treat their skin before and after rhinoplasty surgery - results can be significantly improved.