Will they be smaller than this? (photo)

Ok. I hope I can ask this clearly. This is a pic of me not long before pre-implant. When I went into the ps with these for a lift ( a lift ONLY). She said, no they will look bad, like a little boy's chest. I guess cause there wasn't much tissue and it was very mushy from breast feeding. I allowed her to talk me into implants (I do take some responsibility, after all it was her opinion, she had huge ones). My question is, with an internal and bellini peri-areolar lift. Will they look even smaller than in this pic as the original ps said. I am about 8 pounds heavier now and and 5 years older. It seems I've heard it mentioned that an internal lift after an explant can make them a little bigger? Or did I dream that??? By and large is the size somewhat the same as before the implant for you ladies who have had the surgery???

Hopefully they will be similar

+2

Your options are implant removal only, removal plus lift, removal plus replacement with or without a lift. Basically, your breasts will clearly be much smaller than they are currently without replacement.

However, if you are looking to have no replacement then it is not unreasonable to assume that they may be a similar appearance to pre-implant. Some form of lifting may be helpful for droopiness, but no "internal" lift exists that can enlarge the breasts. The only options for that are implant replacement or the newer technique of fat grafting.

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Size of breasts after implant removal

+2

The size of a sagging breast appears to be larger than when the same breast is lifted .The actual volume remains the same.

A circum-areolar lift with internal lifting can be very effect following breast implant removal.

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breasts after explantation

+2

there are many factors that go into how the breasts will look after implant removal. this includes; skin quality, weight fluctuations, size of implants, size of original breasts, quality of the skin, etc.. In many cases the breasts will look similar to before surgery but with some sagging.

Breast size after explantation

+2

It is hard to tell you what size you will be just based on a photo. Being 8 lbs heavier certainly helps the situation as it can add to the amount of breast tissue there is to work with. I would need to do an exam to give you an idea of what size you might be after implant removal. Most women need a simultaneous lift to restore a youthful, perky breast contour. I find small well-shaped breasts quite attractive. Hopefully a B cup range would result, but again it is hard to know without an exam. Sometimes the size after implant removal is the same, sometimes larger, and sometimes smaller based on so many individual variants. Your plastic surgeon should be able to give you a rough idea on final size after an examination, and what your breasts might look like after implant removal. Breast lift surgery can restore shape and projection and there are different techniques used, depending upon how much skin and tissue redundancy there is.

Hayley Brown, MD

Breast Appearance after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Generally speaking what breasts look like after removal or downsizing of breast implants will depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed or replaced with smaller implants.

I hope this, and the attached link ( demonstrating several examples of patients who have undergone breast implant removal), helps.

Breast implant size

+1

Great question - you will want a significant size to give you some volume. otherwise it will not be worth it. best of luck

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon