Will They Allow Me to Receive Bariatric (Gastric Sleeve or Bypass) Surgery?

I'm close to a 100 kilograms, about 181cm Obese and sadly attempted losing weight my entire life. My self-image has annihilated my self-esteem. Along as this body remains overweight, chances of becoming at least moderately confident aren't good. I succeeded in losing 27 kilograms however when around the low nineties, my body enters a hunger frenzy. I need this surgery, risks or no risks, I'd rather lose ten years of my current life than die unhappy with who I am.

Yes, they might

+3

Based on the information you provided your BMI index is around 35.

In the United States the prerequisites set by the National Institutes of Health and the recommendation of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery are to have a body mas index greater then 40 or 35 and suffering from a comorbid condition. You might need to consult with a bariatric surgeon in your country to  receive a definite answer, since you provided weight and height details in kg's and cm's I assume you are not from the US.

Don't consider any available bariatric surgery solutions as an easy way out. It requires lot of dedication from your part and all your options should be weight carefully.

Marina Del Rey General Surgeon