They Say a Nose Will Still Heal for a Year or More After Rhinoplasty, So Can Intense Exercise Effect Outcome Within Then?

I understand some doctors say within 4 weeks or a 8 weeks you can exercise and life heavy weights. But if your nose is still healing and reducing swelling after a revision for quite sometime, shouldn't you be very careful with intense running, or horseriding(where even though not contact, you are still moving aggressively and intensely or a lot of wind hitting your face heavily)? Also, if I goto the dentist and they give me No2 through my nose with one of those mask, can that affect it?

Rhinoplasty and exercise

+1

Swelling will persist for 6months to a year after rhinoplasty.  Regular exercise should be OK. In my practice, I allow patients to go back to heavy lifting within about 6- 8 weeks.

+1

Intense exercise within 6 months of a Rhinoplasty may increase blood to the nose and increase residual swelling.  Residual swelling can and does get replaced with sub Q scar tissue.  It takes about 6 months for the lymphatic vessels to hook up after a Rhinoplasty.  Reasonable exercise in the first 6 months should be the goal.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com