Are They Dropping? (photo)

It has been over 3 weeks since I received 450cc Natrelle Style 20 implants. Although the swelling has gone down , I do not know what to look for when it comes to them dropping or settling. I know I have to be patient but do not know how to tell when they do drop. I weigh 125 lbs. and was 34B before. I know it has something to do with the projection of the nipples. They are still somewhat tight.

High Implants after 3 Weeks

+1

Implants tend to be high 3 weeks after submuscular augmentation.  The implants tend to drop over 3 to 6 months.  Massage may help as well as a strap or a bandeau.  Larger implants and smaller people tend to take longer.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Breasts Dropping?

+1

It is very early. It will take 3-6 months for the implants to drop more. Just be very patient and listen to your surgeons guidance. You are progressing at a normal rate. It seems they are a little high which is how they should look under the muscle early on.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Too Early To Tell But...

+1

Its too early to make any conclusions but you should be putting downward pressure on your implants 24/7 with a tight breast band (Bando) while not wearing a bra.  Displacement exercises may also help if performed several times daily.  You will know if and when they drop because the implants will be positioned correctly beneath your areolas!  If you don't see significant improvement soon you may require a revisional procedure to release the inferior portion of the pockets and lower the implants.

Eric Sadeh, MD

Dropping

+1

It takes at least three to six months before enough swelling has resolved to make any kind of judgement regarding secondary procedures.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Are They Dropping?

+1

Still very early in healing phase but I fear the inferior pocket was not dissected enough. Discuss with your PS

Dropping Of Breast Implants

+1

Hi,

Thank you for sharing you photo.

Without pre-op pictures, it is hard to determine where you stood in terms of breasts shape.

However, at 3 weeks post-op it is a bit early for mother nature to complete its mission and your implants settle into their natural position. Please do follow you surgeon's instructions and be religious when it comes to massaging the implants (very important step).

I encourage you to keep communicating with your surgeon and to be a little more patient; every patient recovers at a different pace and it is not uncommon that some patients have one breast dropping sooner then the other as well.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Implants settling

+1

It looks like your implants need to settle some more, and this may take a few months.  Be patient and any concerns you have should be addressed in person with your surgeon. Good luck.

Hello

+1

Thank you for your picture. Yes it does look like you implants need to settle down. In our practice we give our patients a breast band to help them settle down. The nipples need to be at the middle of the implants.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast Dropping

+1

With a tight skin envelope, it takes longer for the implants to settle and the breast to reach their final shape.  In some, it may be as long as six months.  If they don't drop more, and you are unhappy with the nipple position, switching to a lower profile implant may improve their appearance.

Donald Griffin, MD

Are They Dropping?

+1

Dropping implies movement over time, so seeing a single photo at one point in time does not make it easy to answer your question.

The implants do appear to by symmetric and rather well positioned. 

The areolae are a bit low and if the implants do drop the position of the areolae will be close to the most projecting part of the breast which is the ideal position.

Given that only 3 weeks has passed, I would expect the implants to continue to settle over the next two months or so.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.