Will They Drop More in the Lower Pole and Hide my Scar? (photo)

I love my implants I think they are perfect shape and even. The pic makes my nipple look a little diff but straight on they look even. Maybe my left is dropping a little quicker. I received 425L 475R. Started with barley an A! Want full C small D. I heard they get bigger once they settle n drop more! :) (unders silicone) 5'7 130 pounds.

Incision location

+1
I believe your implants will drop slightly with time and that your incisions will become less visible.  You do have a great looking result. Congrats and good luck.

Will the scar be hidden?

+1

My best guess is that you will end up just fine.  I am not sure how far out from surgery you are, but with the steri strips in the picture I would guess 2 weeks or less.  So much will change and typically all for the better in the next few months.  Try and be patient, and it looks like you are off to a great start.

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Implant postion

+1

I believe you are looking good at this stage. Holding up a camera will cause your muscles to flex and therefore cause a high riding look. Time is on your side.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Early breast augmentation

+1

During the first several weeks, the implants will look very high from muscle spasm. As things stretch and the swelling subsides, the implants will come down.

They will drop

+1

Your early results look great. The breasts will definitely settle and the incisions will be hidden well. Allow a full 3 months for this to occur.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

After implants

+1

Yes, they will drop more.  Massage and time are needed.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Will They Drop More in the Lower Pole and Hide my Scar?

+1

Allow at least 3 months healing and settling time than you can decide on the appearance. Best of luck.//

Early results after BA

+1

You are off to a great start. Looks fine. The will drop and cover over the scar more. They won't get bigger though.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Your recovery is coming along nicely! Yes, your implants will drop!

+1

Thanks for your photos and kudos to your surgeon! You still have incision tapes on, so this is obviously quite early in your recovery. Gravity works on 100% of patients without rest periods, so that's a pretty reliable means for implants dropping over time, especially since 97% or so of patients' scars also soften and stretch over that same time, as do their breast tissues and skin.

Implants dropping is one of those VERY predictable things--what's hard to predict is: how much and over what length of time! For that information, follow-up with your surgeon and advice on implant displacement exercises, elastic bandeau or brassiere recommendations, and gradual resumption of activities to reduce the risk of bleeding is critical.

What happens over time is that the "high. tight" implant position tends to soften and settle as described above, and as your tissues stretch and relax, your breasts actually have a more teardrop shape that develops more projection. They don't really get bigger any more than a corset makes breasts bigger, but the appearance and feel do indeed improve!

You look mahvelous, Dahling! Follow your surgeon's advice and take it easy on activity. Best wishes and congratulations on your new breasts! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon