Why Do They Only Use a 20% Cooling with Me Instead of a 10% Cooling?

1. I am using Exilis for a small bit of contouring, and the clinic I use for Exilis says that since I have less fat, put the Exilis setting to 20% cooling instead of 10% cooling. Why wouldn't they just use the 10% cooling setting and do fewer sessions? I can stil 'pinch an inch' so it's not *that* little fat. 2. For the small fat bulge on the outer upper thigh, do you focus the Exilis wand a bit longer on that bulge rather than treating that entire area evenly? Thanks in advance.

Exilis Cooling

+1

Good question! The cooling in Exilis determines the depth of penetration of the radiofrequency. In our office, we typically treat each area at three different levels of cooling. First, 10 degrees celsius is used to penetrate into the deeper fat. This cooling results in the most fat reduction and destruction of adipose cells. Next, 20 degrees celsius is used to target the middle levels of the skin, targeting adipose while also resulting in skin tightening. Last, thirty degrees celsius is use to target the more superficial layers of the skin, resulting in more skin tightening than fat reduction. Your Exilis provider will determine which settings are appropriate for you based on your body type and needs.

Fort Myers Dermatologist

Exilis Settings

+1

What's important when treating an Exilis area, is getting the area up to 43 degrees celsius. The percentage of cooling is determined by the size or amount of adipose tissue the patient appears to have. This will not play a factor in getting the treated area to the desired temperature, but may be important in the patients tolerance and comfort level. Second, treating the entire 5x7 inch area evenly is most important for optimum results.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com