Thermage, Ulthera or Co2 Laser?

I am 30 and have a history of hooding eyelids in my family. I have looked at Thermage, Ulthera, and the C02 laser. Which one will be more efficient in tightening the upper eyelid? I feel I'm too young to have surgery right now.

Thermage for Eyelids

+1
I would recommend Thermage for your eyelid treatment. The Thermage eye procedure will help smooth and tighten skin and decrease wrinkles and hooding in the eye area without surgery or injections. Your eyes will appear more open and alert and under eye bags will be reduced making makeup application easier.

Thermage has a specific tip just for the eye and comes in two sizes 225P and 450P. The 225P tip is meant for the upper lids and the 450P is meant for both the upper and lower lids. Often times in my office my patients choose to treat their face and neck and add the upper lids to get a complete treatment, as the face treatment includes the lower lids.

A Thermage treatment can help improve the appearance of sagging or loose skin giving you a smoother, younger look with just one treatment and no down time. Some patients see results immediately off the table and continue to get improvement from their Thermage treatment for up to 6 months as their skin regenerates new collagen. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this is the best option for your concern.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage,Ulthera,CO2 laser resurfacing

+1
Unfortunately, if you already have a lot of excess skin, none of these non-surgical procedures will help significantly. The Thermage and Ulthera will definitely "shrink" some of the skin and I prefer to use the Thermage for Ulthera hurts. The laser resurfacing tightens skin minimally and it primarily helps with texture changes. All of these I do in our office.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thermage for tightening

+1
Thermage radio frequency is a non-surgical treatment for tightening skin without any downtime.  You could try Thermage first.  It takes about 3 to 6 months to see the full benefit.  If you would still like more tightening, consider a fractional, non-ablative laser such as the SmartXide DOT which will however give you several days of downtime.  Injectables such as Botox and fillers can also be used to lift the eyelid area.  Make sure you have all of these treatments with a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in this area.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Thermage for the Eyes

+1
The eyes are the windows to the soul. All too often, however, they seem to reveal exhaustion. The very delicate skin around the eyes tends to get crepey and puffy due to fatigue and stress. An effective non-surgical option that might benefit you is Thermage, which can tighten the skin around the eyes. The new and improved Thermage is a virtually painless, non-invasive (no incision!) treatment that can tighten skin and stimulate your body to make healthier collagen—the building block that provides structure to your skin. Fast and easy, Thermage requires no downtime from normal activities.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Thermage and Eyelid Hooding

+1
Since you are only 30 years old and not a candidate for a surgical procedure I would recommend Thermage.  Thermage is an excellent non-surgical skin tightening procedure where new collagen is formed.  I have used it on patients not just for their face and eyelids but also on other parts of the body such as legs, arms, and abdomen, with great results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has a lot of experience in Thermage for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD