Thermage or Tummy Tuck 21 for Year Old Man?

21 year old man.. Ive been training for a while more than 4years, I went down from 24% to 10.8% fat. i have extra skin and am afraid of surgery. My upper body is okay but my lower one isnt becuase of the extra skin. I need to know would thermage be sufficent or should i do a tummy tuck?

Tummy tuck or thermage

+1

Thermage will not be enough. It works best on thin skin. Men have thicker skin.

You may not need a tummy tuck. You need to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon to examine you.

1. If muscle is widely stretched - sorry, you need a standard  tummy tuck.
  2. If only skin is stretched, you only need skin excised. The incision is the same as a  tummy tuck incision but your recovery is faster and hurt less.

Well done on getting fit. You've done a lot of work, enjoy the result.

Thermage Or Tummy Tuck after Weight Loss?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss and healthy lifestyle.

Based on your description of having “extra skin”, I do not think that thermage would be the appropriate procedure. It will probably be in your best interest to consider tummy tuck surgery if you have had significant weight loss and are left with significant amount of “extra skin”.  This is a situation where it is better to do nothing than to waste your time and resources with the multitude of ineffective procedures you will hear about.

Consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons for good advice.

Thermage vs Tummy tuck

+1

Thank you. Its difficult to advice you without photos or proper examination. In summery thermage is an excelllent nonsurgical tool for skin tightening, although its results are limited. Based on this its the choice for patients with mild to moderate skin sagging, however, it doesnt help the overstreched skin Postsever weight loss, espicially fast weight loss comes after obesity procedures, where the surgery or the tummy tuck is more approprite choice.

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Excess abdominal skin

+1
From your question, it sounds as though you've lost a great deal of weight. If so, Thermage would not produce an improvement and you would be a candidate for a tummy tuck. It's absolutely normal to be afraid of surgery but I'd still recommend that you research your options, learn more about the surgery and see whether knowledge relieves some of your trepidation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy Tuck vs. Thermage

+1

First, I say congratulations on your weight loss and training. If you need a tummy tuck, Thermage is no substitute. You would need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person to determine which is best for you; however, if you have loose skin that folds over itself, a tummy tuck is the best option. If the skin is loose but not redundant, you may not be a good candidate for a tummy tuck, because the improvement may not warrant the surgery and resultant scar. Moreover, there are options in between. Seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, or three, will allow you learn about and explore all your options.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Thermage vs surgery

+1

We need to examine you to answer this, but there is not much change you would see from Thermage especially compared to surgery.  Unless you have truly excess skin like from massive weight loss, the TT scar may be too much to deal with.  Probably best to save your money, continue working out and do neither.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck or thermage

+1

Hi:  it's pretty difficult to answer your question, because we don't have any information about the amount of laxity that you have, and whether it could be treated by non-surgical methods, or whether it would require a surgical fix.  Could you upload some photos, please?

Thomas Fiala, MD