Thermage or Tummy Tuck?

I'm 24, healthy mother of 2. I would like to know, will Thermage work to help improve my tummy, or would I need a mini or full tummy tuck (which I would rather not do)? Thank you.

Therage v. tummy tuck

+1

I agree with all of the other physicians that thermage would inadequately treat your tummy. For the best result, opt for a full tummy tuck with some liposuction.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck all the way

+1

Though I can't tell exactly how extensive a tummy tuck might be, it seems from the limited view I have that a tummy tuck would provide you the best result to get the belly that you really want.

Srdjan Ostric, MD

SEE VIDEO:Tuck that tummy and forget Thermage.

+1

SEE VIDEO BELOW FOR SAMPLE RESULTS: Save your money and do not use Thermage. For subtle results, you may consider this but I would strongly advise a full tummy tuck for your condition.

Thermage vs tummy tuck

+1

The thermage therapy can not work on your type of laxity of the abdomen. Only a surgery either full or mini will help you achieve the desired result. From MIAMI DR. B

Full tummy tuck

+1

You have extra skin and fat -- you need a full tummy tuck, with anything less you will not be happy.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

What Tummy Result would you be Happy with - Thermage is NOT equal to Tummy Tuck

+1
Thermage does not come close to producing the results awell-done Tummy Tuck can provide. It is a technique that many Plastic surgeons do not think much off due to certain complications but which MAY have a role in a small group of thin women with undamaged (no stretch mark) tummy skin who are willing to accept a less flat result and a persistent pooch (due to unprepared separated muscles) to avoid the transverse scar). If you are done having children and are bothered by a wider waist, a pooch, an overhang, droopy Mons pubis etc - you REALLY should consider a Tummy Tuck. Only a Tummy Tuck could bring your separated muscles to the midline, narrow your waist, TOTALLY flatten your tummy and lift your Mons with a scar which can be hidden in your panties' territory, making in invisible. Good Luck. Dr. Peter A. Aldea

Thermage is not an alternative to a tummy tuck

+1

Thermage technology has improved a lot in the last few years, but probably just as important in achieving good results is selecting the right patients for it. If there is enough skin laxity to justify a tummy tuck, then it is too much to be correctable with Thermage. Additionally, the tummy tuck would address any muscle separation that may be there. There are a few patients in an "in between" category where liposuction with Immediate Thermage could give good results because of a more monor degree of skin laxity. We did a clinical study a few years ago and found that Thermage increased skin shrinkage by 40% over lipo alone, but as impressive as that number sounds it doesn't put tummy tuck patients into a different category.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck vs Thermage

+1

I do not think that you will be pleased if you treat your problem with Thermage.  It appears that you have some significant diastasis which certainly will not be addressed by Thermage.  The down-time will be greater and the cost probably greater, but you will be much happier with a tummy tuck.

John Whitt, MD