Thermage As Temporary Treatment for Heavy Eyelids?

I am 30 years old with heavy eyelids. They are genetic - both parents and several aunts and uncles have had upper Blepharoplasty.

I have a high brow but kind of hooded lids. One doctor described my eyes as having an Asian quality, even though they are huge and blue. A Brow lift would definitely not work. I am hesitant to go under the knife at my age and a doctor recently suggested Thermage. Is this a good idea in order to hold off maybe five years on the surgery?

Thermage DOES work for mild eyelid ptosis (sagging)

+1

Thermage works by heating the skin with radiofrequency energy that causes tightening through new collagen formation. It usually takes about 3-4 months for the final results. Although it is used on the face and many areas on the body, my experience is that the best results are achieved on the eyelids. Most patients are quite happy with the results which may last for years. If you aren't happy you can still do a blepharoplasty.

Miami Dermatologist

Please send pictures with eyes open thermage

+1

Thermage is for the patients that lose the tissue elasticity . You are young and your described sagging is not age related and Thermage will not help. I do offer both surgical and and thermage. I can give you better answer if you send pictures with eyes open. This will help me to see mount of excess skin in your upper eyelid.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Thermage for "heavy eyelids"

+1

Even if Thermage were to give you improvement in your "heavy eyelids" I doubt that it would be significant and that it would last very long. If you are seeing a physician who does only laser procedures (including Thermage even though it technically is not a laser) then that is all that he/she can offer you. Get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or ophthalmic plastic surgeon who does both surgery and laser (including Thermage) and they can tell you what would be best for your particular circumstances with your goals and expectations in mind.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon