Does Thermage Work for Stretch Marks After Pregnancy?

I delivered my baby 10 months ago, and stopped nursing already. I have stretch marks on lower tummy, still red in color. Will Thermage work for these?

Thermage and red stretch marks

Thermage is great post pregnancy for skin tightening etc. but it does not have much effect on stretch marks.  The V-Beam will remove the redness in the stretch marks and works extremely well and quickly.  Please find a board certified dermatologist in your area for the best results.

Thermage is not great for stretch marks

Unfortunately Thermage is not the best option for stretch marks on the abdomen.  I would suggest investigating PDL (pulsed dye laser) to reduce the redness and maybe a fractionated laser device to help with collagen stimulation and reduction of the associated atrophy (depression) of the skin.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Thermage not the best solution for stretch marks

Bottom line is there is still no great treatment for stretch marks, not that there is any lack of interest in trying to find a solution. If they are still red then laser or IPL may be helpful. This is unfortunately not a great application for Thermage.

Richard Baxter, MD