Will Thermage Work at Age 59?

I have had Thermage a couple of times before, and it gave me subtle skin tightening improvement. Will it still work for me now that I am nearing 60? Thanks!

Thermage and patient age

+1

If you have seen results before, and you take good care of your skin, there is no reason that you shouldn't see good results again.  Age is only one factor when setting your expectations for Thermage.  If a person has very sun damaged skin or smokes, she will not get great results because her collagen was in poor condition to begin with. 

However, if your skin is in good condition you may expect good results from Thermage well into your sixties and beyond.  The experience of the physician is also important, because better results are seen when more energy is put into the skin.  That requires many passes over the area.  The newest Thermage, the CPT, is even better because more energy is delivered to the skin and the treatment is more comfortable than with previous versions.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage at any age

+1

Thermage is great in patients of all ages! A large percentage of my patients are over 55 years of age and have excellent results from Thermage. I believe it is one of the best alternatives to lifting and tightening without surgery.

Good Luck.

Manhattan Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thermage

+1

Thermage has been shown to be effective in over 90% of patients. Expectation setting is key, and you should review expectations with your doctor. I have seen great results with thermage, and that includes people in their sixties.

Chicago Dermatologist