Thermage - Is It Appropriate for Post-baby Belly?

I am 27 and 5'4" and weigh appx. 125Lbs. I gave birth about 2 years ago and am about 5Lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. A tummy tuck is absolutely NOT an option, I will not even consider it. I would be interested in finding the best non-invasive procedure for my problem.

Thermage is idea post-baby

+1
Thermage is the ideal non-surgical procedure to tighten the skin post-baby.  If there is still a small bulge you might benefit in first getting Zeltiq to freeze that small area first.  It does not look like you need surgery.  It is best to be at your ideal body weight before any of these procedures and continue to eat healthy and exercise.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist in your area for the best results.

Thermage can be very effective for post-baby belly

+1

Greetings Katherine~

Unfortunately, it's difficult to determine from your photo if Thermage would be the answer for you.  Thermage can be very effective for some mild skin laxity in the tummy after child birth.  If the laxity is significant and you really need a tummy tuck then Thermage is not an equivalent substitute.  If you feel you still have some excess fat in the tummy area that you are having a tough time shedding then perhaps something like Zeltiq/Coolsculpting would be a good non-invasive solution. If you haven't done so already, it would be in your best interest to consult with a plastic surgeon that offers both surgical and non-surgical treatments (like Thermage) to get an accurate idea of your options and what you can expect from various procedures. 

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens             

Grant Stevens, MD

Thermage after pregnancy

+1

Thermage is typically a very good treatment for loose skin after pregnancy or weight loss.  It is best for those with a mild amount of skin sagging and who are younger, don't smoke, and do not have much sun damage and therefore still have good elasticity to their skin.  The better your skin's condition before treatment, the better results you can expect.

Jordana S. Gilman, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Predicting Thermage results for post-pregnancy abdomen

+1

I can't tell much from the picture, and in any case I would need to see you and assess the condition of your skin to advise about Thermage. The most important predictive factor is elasticity. If your skin has reasonably good elastic tone, Thermage may be a good option. However, if there are stretch marks and it is loose, you will not respond as well. Thermage is not an alternative to tummy tuck.

Richard Baxter, MD