Thermage on Neck and Jaw Line After Weight Loss?

Clearly, I have other issues with my skin, but I'm interested in reducing the loose skin which appears to be caused by a significant weight loss in the past year. Does it appear that Thermage might produce a worthwhile result for me?

Using Ulthera for the neck and jowl areas - Los Angeles

+1

We have found the Ulthera procedure to be highly effective for the lower face and neck areas. Ulthera uses microfocused ultrasound to tighten the deep tissue in the neck. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Thermage after weightloss

+1

Greetings Anonyme~

Congratulations on your weight loss!  The only real downside of significant weight loss is that the skin doesn't always tighten up the way we would hope.  It's difficult, if not impossible, to say without seeing you if you are a good candidate for Thermage.  We have had some great results in patients who have lost significant weight or are still in the process of losing weight (The treatment is best for those that are in the process of weight loss).  That being said, if you really need a facelift due to the significant laxity in the skin then Thermage isn't the answer.  Thermage won't replace a facelift for those needing it.  It is best for people who don't yet need it and are hoping to push it off or those who can't have surgery and are looking for a subtle improvement.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Dr. Grant Stevens         

Grant Stevens, MD

Thermage best for mild skin laxity

+1

One of the reasons people can be disappointed with the results of Thermage or any other nonsurgical treatment is expecting it to do too much. Marketing come-ons such as calling it a "nonsurgical facelift" don't help. The best results with Thermage are in youger patients with mild laxity, not the typical facelift candidate. Loose skin after weight loss typically benefits more from a surgical approach but every case is different!

Richard Baxter, MD