Do I Need Another Treatment Other Than Thermage?

Is it possible I would need other treatments than Thermage for my nasolabial folds, crows feet and frown lines? I am only 41 years old. Do you have suggestions for the newest laser for these thing,s and costs less with optimum results with little or no down time. Or will Thermage results get any better gradually even after its been a year?

Consider combination treatments

+2

Thermage is a great way to perform some modest tightening or firming of the skin. It is best at firming the cheeks and smoothing or tightening along the jaw line and by doing this it may help soften the nasolabial folds to some degree.

Thermage should not be considered an answer for Crow's feet or for completely treating the nasolabial folds. The crow's feet are formed by muscle movement and thus respond wonderfully to Dysport or botox injections. The nasolabial folds are best filled or plumped using restylane, perlane or radiesse. These are simple injections and when combined with Thermage produce a wonderful, non-surgical makeover for those who are not surgical candidates or who are unwilling to have a surgical facelift.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Options besides Thermage for facial rejuvenation

+2

Thermage is for toning and tightening skin, so it has some effect on nasolabial lines but usually not a dramatic one. Crow's feet and frown lines are usually related to muscle hyperactivity, so lasers (like Thermage) will not be the most effective choice. I would suggest you look into the option of a dermal filler for the nasolabial lines (Juvederm, Restylane, Evolence, Radiesse) and a botulinum muscle relaxer (Botox, Dysport) for the crow's feet and frown lines.

Richard Baxter, MD

Thermage plus fillers and Botox will be your answer

+1

Thermage is primarily for tightening of the skin. If you want to improve your crow's feet, Botox or Dysport will help.

If you wish your nasolabial folds to be improved, the fillers should be used.

Your best option if it is finacially feasable to do will be Thermage first followed by Botox and fillers.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon