Can I Get Thermage on my Stomach if I Am Planning on Getting Pregnant in the Next Year?

Thermage for the abdomen if a pregnancy is planned

+1

It is safe to have Thermage for the tummy before you are pregnant.  Thermage tightens existing collagen and stimulates the production of new collagen to tighten and lift.  It takes 3 to 6 months to see the full effect.  When you do become pregnant, your skin will loosen again and of course you will not see the full benefit of your treatment.  Thermage can be repeated after the pregnancy. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Can One Have Thermage on Tummy and Then Get Pregnant?

+1

Skin Tightening by radiofrequency devices such as Thermage or Accent are safe and would not cause a problem with a future pregnancy.

The skin would not be made so tight that it would not stretch again when needed.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

When to get Thermage

+1

Thermage is a treatment that helps tighten collagen. During your pregnancy your skin will stretch and counteract all of the effects of the treatment. So if you are planning to become pregnant don't do Thermage on your abdomen now, wait until after you have had your children. You may treat other areas of your body, such as your face and neck, but wait to treat your midsection.

Jordana S. Gilman, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage on stomach makes no sense prepregnancy

+1

The effects of Thermage on the stomach are very modest at best and the cost and pain of the treatment makes no sense to me if you are planning on having more children, especially within one year.  Save your money please.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS