Thermage Machine Stopped Working During Treatment, Should I Still Have to Pay for Half a Treatment?

I had booked a thermage treatment for the second time. During the procedure the machine stopped working properly and the doctor decided to stop the treatment half-way through. The clinic then gave me half the money back saying I had still had "half" a treatment. I have since been unable to find anything that suggest that just going over an area once (my case) offers any improvement. I am wondering if this might have an effect at all. Also should a patient should pay half if equipment breaks?

You will not get the best results

+1

We would never charge you for the half treatment. However, we may ask you to pay half as a deposit and then the balance when we reschedule the appointment. You will get some result, although you probably have been under treated.

You will see your full results in the 6 months post-treatment. I suggest you wait the 6 months and then have a full treatment. The other option is to get treated again as soon as possible by a very experienced doctor or technician that takes into consideration that you had a half treatment. Again, I recommend the first option.

The machine manufactures, Solta, would help any team determine the right intensity for you. Make sure that whomever you trust knows the full story.

Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Get your money back.

+1

Unfortunately, machines can malfunction. In the rare event that a Thermage machine does not appear to be operating correctly, the physician can call the tech support team at the company for help. Generally we use about 900 pulses on the face and neck, 450 pulses around the eyes, and at least 1200 pulses on the body. This is done so that we can capture and tighten as much collagen as possible. I do not think that a "half" treatment should be paid for.  

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon