Forehead and Brow Lift with Thermage or Fraxel

I would also like to know if Thermage lifts the forehead? Can it lift the brow area? I also would like to know if Fraxel laser would tighten the skin on the forehead or do any lifting for the eyebrow area?

What does and does not lift the forehead?

+2

Surgery  will lift the forehead.   Botox will lift it a little.    As far as I am concerned Thermage and the various Laser treatments have little or no effect.  Save your money and have surgery.   Happy Valentine's

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Thermage doesn't work and the Fraxel won't raise the brow.

+2

I'm not convinced Thermage does anything but it surely won't substitue for a browlift. Fraxel is for very modest tightening and I think it too is way overrated. A proper browlift requires releasing the attachment of the brow to the orbital rim and this can only be accomplished with an operation. Don't buy snakeoil on this one.

Thermage and Fraxel - not meant to lift the brow

+1
Thermage and Fraxel may smooth the skin and tighten it slightly but in all directions not just up. Therefore little if any lift will be acheived with these approaches. Only a Forehead or Brow surgical lift will make a significant difference. Botox in the crows feet area may raise the outer brow a little bit temporarily (2-3 months).

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Noninvasive Browlifting

+1

The best noninvasive approaches to lifting the brow are with botox, and in some cases filler. Botox can create a conservative elevation of the lateral portion of the brow and in some cases is all that is needed. Less talked about but still effective is the use of fillers placed around the brow complex to help elevate the brow.

Thermage and other radiofrequency devices have not been proven to be effective or consistent in brow elevation. LASER procedures are also not a good option for brow elevation.

Surgery remains the gold standard for brow elevation, especially for patients who are not responders to botox.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Surgery and Botox are better alternatives to provide a forehead lift. Thermage, fraxel, and other laser modalities will have little or no impact in lifting.  

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Non-invasive forehead lift

+1

The treatments you mention (Thermage and Fraxel) are not very effective in lifting the forehead.  Botox is much more effective and much less expensive.

Sam Naficy, MD

Fraxel Re:pair does tighten the thin skinned ares of the eyelids

+1

I have used the Fraxel Re:pair since 2006, and I have noticed that the thin skin of the eyelids responds very nicely to the Fraxel Re:pair (CO2) laser skin resurfacing. There may be some slight elevation of the brow from laser resurfacing of the forehead, but this does not compare to surgical browlifting  procedures.

With men and with those with extreme sun-damage, I often use the Fraxel Re:pair to rejuvenate the skin before facial rejuvenation surgery. This allows the skin of the face to re-drape more naturally, and the skin tightening around the eyes, allows me to remove less delicate eyelid skin.

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlifts with surgery, fraxel or thermage.

+1

I have experience with fractionated erbium, fractionated CO2 lasers, thermage, and current endoscopic surgical brow or forehead lifts.  I am in agreement with the consensus of physicians.  Surgery is unfortunately the only reliable, safe, and effective measure to lift the brow.  Fortunately this can be done in about an hour with all scars hidden within the hair.

Speak to a qualified surgeon who has experience with all these approaches to decide what might be the best for you.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Forehead Lifts are Unpredictable at Best

+1

While many procedures promise nonsurgical forehead lifting, the results are generally minimal, and unpredictable, at best. The single best way to achieve a nonsurgical browlift is with artfully performed Botox; beyond that, I would recommend only surgery.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Thermage Lift the Brow? No

+1

If brow elevation and rejuvenation is your primary concern, save your money and have surgery.  Thermage results have been, at best, unpredictable.  I would never recommend this to a patient wishing to have brow rejuvenation.  Fraxel will tighten the skin but will not elevate the brows.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon