Thermage or Fat Grafting for Sunken, Tired Looking Upper Eyelids?

My upper eyelids are nice and full when I first wake up in the morning, then of couple hours later, they start to get a bit sunken and tired looking. If I catch a nap during the day, they would look nice and full for couple hours. Will Thermage help or do I need the fat grafting to fix the problem?

Not Thermage

+1

I would be wary of using Thermage in the upper eyelids - and I don't think it would help with what you describe. I would certainly suggest a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon. Your problem may be correct with fillers as some of the other physicians suggest, it may require a brow lift, or it may be due to some other medical condition. I would certainly recommend a consultation with a physician to determine your best course of action.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thermage is for tightening

+1

I don’t think Thermage will help as it mostly is used to tighten rather than build up the infrastructure of tissues. See a plastic or oculoplastic surgeon for a consultation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sunken upper eyelids

+1

You are describing progressive fat loss in your upper eyelid region. I doubt that Thermage will provide any reasonable enhancement. Volume enhancement, whether done with injectable fillers or fat grafting would be the way to go.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for improving the appearance of the eyelid area: thermage versus fat

+1

The improvements you are describing are most likely due to the slight swelling of the face that occurs when you lie down. Therefore, it is my impression that you would be better served by fillers. You may want to "try" out the effects of increased fullness using an injectable filler. If this achieves the desired result, then you may wan to try fat injection as a long term solution. Make sure you seek an experienced surgeon.