Thermage for Toning Face and Helping with Acne Scars?

I am 26 and I feel my skin has started aging. I want to have a treatment with boosting and lifting effect. Would Thermage tone my face, and help my cheek bones look more defined and toned? Will it also help some acne scarring? Thank you.

Thermage for non-surgical skin tightening

+1

Thermage is a procedure that uses radiofrequency energy to create heat and in turn tighten the skin. It does not provide the same degree of tightening as a facelift, nor should it be offered to someone who truly needs a facelift. It is, however, ideal for the younger patient who, as you said, has begun to notice some early jowling along the jawline or some drooping in the cheeks. These patients can receive a nice toning, tightening or lifting.

A newer device, Pelleve', also uses radiofrequency energy to tighten the skin. It is performed without anesthetic and there is no recovery time. Usually 1-2 treatments are done and most times there is immediate tightening visible during the procedure.

Many of my patients have these procedures done once per year to "maintain" their facial beauty and avoid bigger procedures. They are also wonderful when combined with other procedures such as fractional resurfacing, botox or restylane.

Good Luck

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.