Thermage Candidate? No tummy tuck? (photo)

I was fat when I was young, and I lost it back and forth by unhealthy diet :( I've been workingout for 3 months, and my body is changing but Tummy... Specailly this loose skin! So I reserched and found out TUMMY TUCK. I personally think, it's too risky to me Because I'm 27, Never been married or had kids. So I also found out this 'Thermage' on tummy. Can I be a good candidate for Thermage CPT on my Tummy?

Stomach and Thermage

+1
You would be an excellent candidate for Thermage since it would tighten up the skin around the abdomen.  However, I would suggest you have CoolSculpting first to reduce the bulge and follow it by Thermage a few weeks later for the best cosmetic result.

Thermage for the tummy

+1
Thermage radio frequency can help tighten and lift loose abdominal skin.  There is no downtime and it takes about 3 to 6 months to see the total benefit.  Continue with a healthy diet and exercise.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Thermage vs. Tummy tuck

+1

At your age and stage in life, I would not recommend a tummy tuck.

I would encourage you to continue your efforts in diet and exercise to reduce the layer of subcutaneous fat in your abdomen.

I do feel that you would find a benefit in doing a Thermage treatment on the belly. This would provide some tightening/lifting in the area. There is no down time associated with the procedure. We do not sedate patients for Thermage. From my experience, it is a relatively tolerable procedure for patients with appreciable results. 

Jennifer Ahdout, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Thermage CPT

+1

Thermage works very well on the abdomen to tighten the skin. It’s a non-surgical procedure that is clinically proven to be safe and effective with No downtime. It takes about 11/2 hours to complete and you will see some immediate results off the table with continued improvement for six months after treatment as your skin continues to regenerate collagen and thicken its collagen matrix resulting in a smoothing effect. At your age this is probably a better option than a tummy tuck especially if you are planning to have children in the future. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this is the best option for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon