Is Thermage a Good Choice to Address Stretch Marks on my Belly? (photo)

Hi! I got stretch marks during my first pregnancy last year. Within 2 years,i´m planning a second pregnancy. Is it a good idea to have thermage before my second pregnancy for inducing "some" neocollagenesis in the stretch marks and at my tummy overall in order to avoid that the existing stretch marks get worse and to get less new ones? Or is the new collagen that forms with thermage somehow less able to stretch than the natural ones and i would get even worse stretch marks after thermage? Thanx!

Stretch Marks - Thermage Not Effective

+1

Stretchmarks are a result of dermal "tears" in the skin.  Thermage is meant to help with skin laxity.

The only corrective measure you can take is with a resurfacing laser - and even then the outcomes are limited and the process takes multiple treatments over a considerable length of time.

As to avoiding stretchmarks in the future, you may not be able to accomplish that, but you certainly can be diligent in applying creams that help the skin stretch. Cocoa butter actually does help! Staying well hyrated, eating foods with essential fatty acids, proper rest - all those go into helping you help your skin through a pregnancy.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Thermage not beneficial for stretch marks

+1

There are no studies which demonstrate the efficacy of Thermage for stretch marks.  Particularly if you are planning another pregnancy, I would not recommend any treatment.  Your abdomen appears to demonstrate bulging and it is possible that, after another pregnancy, you may want to consider a tummy tuck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Thermage has minimal effect on stretch marks

+1

In fact there aren't any treatments for stretch marks that are consistently effective and worth the cost in my opinion. Thermage is a good technology but I haven't seen any convincing studies using it for stretch marks.

Richard Baxter, MD